Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stage 6 Taal- Chame

23km 50% ride able 1365m ascent ALT 1700m-2570m

Listening to the rainfall last night I wasn't sure what we'd be heading out in. Surprisingly it was blue skies and clear views. 50/50 day today between hike and bike. I'm very fatigued biking up hill now and opt out for more pushing. Passing donkey's and herds of cows on skinny trails is proving to be the name of the game. If you get caught behind them it really spreads out the groups of riders. There's so much to see now with heavy loaded porters, herds of animals, little village kids running beside you and the numerous tea houses offering meals and accommodation. But the best is the amazing, powerful, snow capped mountains. Outstanding views today which will continue the higher we get. Hike a bike is feeling more of a strength for me today and I managed to work my way up to be with Soonya. Jeremy headed out at 6:30 and I caught up to him around the halfway mark. He hiked with me again and took pictures. It's so awesome to see him in the day and be able to hike some together. We pass more and more trekkers and they don't really know what to make of you as you pass by with a bike on your head. This is amazing on so many levels. I love hanging out with the other riders. Yesterday as we waited for our bags to arrive with warm clothes I went and huddled around a tin bucket with hot coals in the back of a building with the Nepali riders. They were playing the drums and singing as we clapped and laughed. They're so funny and have beautiful smiles all the time. The sense of community and sharing here makes life at home feel so isolating.

No comments:

Post a Comment