45km 1700m Ascent 1567m Descent 100% rid able
Uphill start gradually weaved us up to 1100m over 15km of climbing. My legs didn't seem to fire up today and I watched people zoom past me up the hill. I eventually made it up feeling much more warmed up but my slow start defiantly set me back. We dropped down to 400m ripping up some of the best descent roads we've been on yet. Harder packed and fast I was loving it. But what goes down must go back up here. A 7km steady, granny gear climb ( for me) took us back up to 1000m. The heat was taking me down and my lower back and legs were really feeling the previous amount of climbing. The challenge is the terrain and just getting to the top let alone quickly is all I could ask for today. For thinking that these stages were short at 3hrs I don't think I could handle any longer on this intense terrain. There's a group of Germans some racing some following the race for the BIKE MAGAZINE in Germany. Each day I find myself around the photographer as he speeds past me, stops, takes pictures of us all then continues on this yo yoing. The stamina of doing this coarse like this is quite impressive!
The finial 8km was up/ down/ up/... until we made it to Nepal's former capital Gorkha. Time to rest and hope my aches recover for more abuse tomorrow. Jeremy was waiting for me at the finish line and is seeming to feel mush better. One more day of rest for him and then his hiking mission will begin. I'm looking forward to getting into some cooler temps soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment