40km 70% ride able ALT 760- 1700m 1635m Ascent
The day started with a 30km ride constantly gaining elevation. Some sections were too steep to ride and I found myself pushing. Today is the Hindi festival HOLI. A day where water and red powder die is thrown and smeared on each other. W were prime targets. A group of kids set themselves up at the end of a long bridge and attacked. They were fearless in being run over and got right in your face. As I broke through some kid at close range whipped a water balloon at my ear which left me water logged, deaf and in pain. I was SO pissed off and nearly chucked my bike down and ran after the little bugger but I took a deep breathe with tears rolling down and told myself their just kids. I was tired today and feeling a little sick in the stomach for the morning. I'm starting to Carry my camera now taking it casually. Big black/ white monkeys were out in front of me but I never managed a good shot of them. 4 of us rode the day together and we were all feeling it. Jeremy managed to jump in a jeep which cut out 30km of road walking. The finial 8-10km was a hike a bike from 1400m- 2400m. It was great to hike as Jeremy was there waiting for me so we hiked together. Me with my bike on my shoulders and Jeremy as my personal photographer. Herds of donkeys and goats over took the trail and forced you to pull out of the way. We're starting to see trekkers and the amazing, huge loaded porters about. Huge wide sheet of metal was being carried by some on their backs wearing only flip flops in the challenging footing. What is a huge undertaking and adventure for me is just a daily part of life for others. It's a nice change to be in the mountains going up, up but it's only getting harder. Our bags are coming in by porters now. They leave much earlier and get in much latter then us. Today their bus broke down so they had a much longer walk added to their day. It's raining here and much colder then we thought. Sounds quite snowy up high.
No comments:
Post a Comment