Saturday, February 11, 2012

inasia.blogspot

The old blog site has resurfaced. Over 6 years ago Jeremy and I took 6 months and travelled through out Thailand, Laos, Nepal and India. We bought our first digital camera and started our first blog. 2004/ 2005 will be years that we and the rest of the world will always remember. Boxing day 2004 we awoke startled by an earth quake in northern Thailand. Little did we know what mass amount of destruction and tragedy was happening to the south of us due to a Tsunami where we had just spent the last 6 weeks. Early 2005 was also a very difficult time politically for Nepal. Again little did we know as we flew into Nepal on a near empty flight that we had arrived in a country which was in political crisis and shut down. Our flight being the first flight to land after re-opening their boarders we had arrived to a city and country of uncertainty and isolation. Nothing was coming in or going out from Katmandu. No transportation, no phone lines, no internet. Besides the lack of communicating and worry we gave to family it was an amazing time to be there. I fell in love with Nepal's people and fully appreciated their attitudes, generosity and hospitality durning a time which must have been very difficult. I am looking forward to retuning and seeing these countries in a different perspective and time. With our return to Asia Jeremy will once again be posting pictures and write ups. Please check out the original blog www.inasia.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!!! I've thinking about you for a couple weeks, and should have emailed sooner - have a great trip and an awesome race!! I am so envious - you will have such a fantastic adventure. We'll be following the blogs for sure, so keep the posts and pictures flowing! Be safe and have fun! Alana

    ReplyDelete