Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chillin in Thamel

My senses are filled again with the sounds of dogs ruling the streets at night, crows and pigeons alearting us of first light, smells of inscence, sewer,curries. And the constant sound of horns honking as you walk through the caoticness of the streets. Ahh Nepal, it is good to be back.
After a long flight to hong kong we enjoyed our 9 hr stop over and ventured around the down town core. A finial flight arrived us into Nepal late Friday night where we were overwhelmingly greeted by " more then helpful" people to escort us and our bags to our ride. After a good nights sleep we spent the day walking the streets of thamel and then I slipped away and took advantage of the cheap massage services.
It wasn't long that we were greeted by an old Nepali friend who we spent some time with here 7 years ago. It's amazes me how it all feels just like yesterday. We've been pretty chill and have sorted out the time change nicely. I briefly have forgotten what challenge lays ahead as I enjoy the down time of eating breads and drinking coffee on the roof tops but I'm anxious to get moving again. Tomorrow we plan to head out on our bikes for a few days and get out of the city, away from the pollution and get the legs spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment