Friday, June 11, 2010

Back to Work





I got a job! After a great 10 months of retirement I'm back at it earning some much needed mooola. Finding work here has been challenging coming into a slower construction time and also being new to town but I managed to find a great landscaping job which I've been enjoying being outside and gardening for the week. I love manuel labour! The weather looks like it may be turning around and that sun is going to shine. Just in time for the Test of Metal next weekend hopefully. I've heard so much about this race and how the town goes off for the weekend. 1000 racers, 300 vollenteers, 67km race and the whole town of Squamish lining the trails and streets to watch and cheer. Parties all around town and then a invitational down hill race to watch on the sunday. Mom thought it sounded like a great time for her to come out and see us. She loves it ringing her cow bell at all the racers. Just no pink Carena T-shirts this time. Please! ha ha. Should be a great time. It's been a blast riding new trails around here and Whistler. We checked out Comfortable Numb last weekend which is a new favorite trail. I say that about all the trails. But I felt right at home to be back on some single track climbing again as a lot of the climbing has been on double track or logging roads here. Yesterday Jeremy took me on some harder technical trails. You can always be challenged in all ways here. This trail pointed out to me that my handle bars are wider on the Safire as I clipped a tree with them and flew over my handle bars into a thorn bush. It's been a long time since I've dismounted from my bike like that. Ha Ha I'm going to stick to the road today.

No comments:

Post a Comment