BC bike race has arrived. 7 days of the "ultimate single track experience" will begin tomorrow with registration and the prolog ride in North Van. Official day one begins on the island in Nanimo. This is my 2nd time doing the BCBR but my first time racing a 7 day stage race solo. I wonder how going solo will differ.
Last weekend was the test of Metal 67km mnt. bike race here in Squmish. It was quite the race and event. Exciting to see the community out cheering on the streets. We had a great day of sunny skies and I had a pretty good race. I placed 9th in the Elite women with time of 3:34min. 3 crashes and some good cramping on the plunge but over all a fun time. It was nice to see familiar faces again as many racers from Canmore and Calgary made the long journey just for it. Mom had a fantastic visit seeing our new home town and loved being able to volunteer at the race.
I'm hoping to find internet durning the race to keep updates but results and info will be posted at www.bcbikerace.com
No comments:
Post a Comment