Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yak Attack Photo's #2

Hike a Bike! Carrying a bike was equivalent to a feather compared to the weight the porters had.
Suck it up girl! Notice the REAL load behind me. Resting the seat post on the top of my helmet helped transfer the weight off my shoulders. My version of the Nepali style of carrying.
There was lots of hike a bike but I was more surprised with how much of the coarse was actually rideable. I was happy to be on a full suspension but there were many hard tails and a few 29'ers out there.
It's hard to take in the whole magnitude of this place. I'm glad I've hiked here before and took it all in then as lots of the time my head was down and I was grinding my way along. Until I saw this picture I had no idea of the steepness to my left.
The obstacle of passing the herds of donkeys, goats and cattle was a major added challenge. You could easily loose time on others if caught behind the herds. Staying close to the mountain on the inside line was an important call in saving your self from a major fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment